A love letter
Hey, average gamer:
- Do you bloody love videogames, maybe even if you’re a bit too old and the washing up pile is massive but if you can just complete that next mission then it’ll all be ok, ish..?
- Do you read / watch / listen to a bunch of stuff about your chosen hobby, sometimes agreeing, sometimes not agreeing, generally glad that you bothered to read / watch / listen?
- Do you own at least one videogame themed t-shirt / tattoo / mug or poster? Probably more than one?
- Do you stay out of BIG CONVERSATIONS on social media, because you are doing other things, or, whatever?
- Do you think everyone should be able to play or make games if they want to?
- Does the idea of sending aggressive crap to strangers strike you as a bit odd?
- Does the idea of being sent aggressive crap by complete strangers strike you as slightly more odd?
Then you rock. I’m not sure anyone has told you that in the last couple of weeks, and I thought I’d take a little time to do so. There’s a lot of anger swirling around, and it occurred to me that you were probably out there, in massive numbers, wondering why cool folks who made and played the same stuff you do are calling each other (and you) names or claiming to represent you.
Keep playing games. Please. And would it kill you to buy a t-shirt? Those things are both profitable and excellent marketing. Thanks.